We have many clients who simply don’t want to bother with daily trays – they want a bright smile and they need it by the weekend! There are many perfectly good reasons and at WAVE – we understand the urgency… like a Wedding or Graduation or that 20 year reunion – in fact any special occasion where your smile needs to be gorgeous and photo ready- our dental professionals at WAVE are here to help!
At WAVE we promote the first and most important step to a bright and beautiful smile is a healthy smile. Yearly or bi-yearly cleanings will remove the calculus and stain that has built up on the surface, leaving teeth their natural color, unless stain has entered inside the tooth from things like long term smoking or coffee drinking. If you haven’t had a recent cleaning we suggest you schedule a cleaning with one of our WAVE hygienists prior to your ZOOM whitening for the best results.
Your job is to follow up with regular brushing and flossing. Most toothpastes contain abrasive substances that mechanically rub off the plaque that appears yellow or grey.
1. Your first appointment will involve a consult to look at your teeth and ensure your teeth are ready for Zoom! We will take impressions of your teeth for your custom whitening take home tray which you will use to maintain your whiter smile and to apply desensitizing gel following your Zoom! treatment.
2. On the day of Zoom! your procedure begins with a short preparation to cover your gums, lips and the skin around your lips, leaving only your teeth exposed to the LED light.
3. The WAVE dentist will assist you and the dental hygienist with selecting the shade or level of white you are most likely to expect. A pre and post shade photo will be taken to document the difference.
4. The dental professional will apply the Zoom whitening gel which is specifically formulated to work with the Zoom Teeth Whitening LED light. The gel and the light work together to gently penetrate the top surface layers of your teeth to remove stains and discoloration.
5. The gel will be applied for three or four fifteen minute sessions for a total time of 45 – 60 minutes, removing after each 15 minute cycle. This extra step allows us to closely monitor your color.
6. Once the three – four sessions have been completed, you go home with a brighter, whiter smile!
IS TOOTH WHITENING SAFE?
Yes, research and clinical studies indicate that whitening teeth under the supervision of a dentist is safe. In fact, many dentists consider whitening the safest cosmetic dental procedure available. As with any tooth whitening product, Zoom! is not recommended for children under 13 years of age and pregnant or lactating women.
DO THE RESULTS LAST A LONG TIME?
By following some simple post whitening care instructions, your teeth will always be lighter than they were before. We recommend flossing, brushing twice daily with Zoom! Whitening Toothpaste, and touch-ups with Zoom! take-home gel. These are professional formula products designed specifically to keep your teeth their brightest. They are available through our office.